This is the blog of AlanJC, aka ChimeraX. Probably mumblings of a random nature, but there may be the rare useful post.

Tuesday 9 June 2009

ZTE MF 627 and Windows 7

I spent a while trying to get my new ZTE MF 627 modem working on Windows 7, as each time I restarted, it would no longer work, and it was a very long winded process to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, update, reboot, then use it every single time.

Then I stumbled upon this link after much searching http://www.tomlodge.co.uk/blog/?tag=mf627-driver-with-windows-7

Basically Tom says "3 MTE627 USB with Windows7
Wednesday, April 8th, 2009
Real problems making this work.
Finally - installed “normally” and found that the drivers weren’t installing.
Within the installation folder look for DriverInstaller.exe and run it in Compatibilty Mode of Windows 2000 - it still wouldnt close the dialog box (a restart got rid of it) but now it seems to connect at least - the device is recognised… I don’t seem to have a very good signal here - so can’t verify that all is as it should be - but it definitely connected which is a step forward"

My only comment to add is that the DriverInstaller.exe should be in c:\Program Files\3\3Connect\

10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i have tried and it worked with windows 7, great help really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Caio Proiete said...

@Aubrey,

Thank you tons!! The driver you pointed out worked like a charm!!

Weekend said...

Hi Alan,
stumbled upon your blog when i was searching for mf627 driver. it is a great help.
aubrey, the modem works! thanks a bunch! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I mucked up my software on the ZTE MF627 (my anti-virus software deleted the .exe files). Anyway I got it up and running again for free. I think it is the same as hacking it as in my trial and error I had Three Software installed ?!?

Go to http://rapidshare.com/files/235523732/ZTE2.rar.html

Download the rar file - you can do this for free - just be patient - click it then go away for half an hour. It is working even though it appears not to be downloading.

Next you need to extract the file. You can download and use the excellent freeware rar extract frog at http://www.philipp-winterberg.com/software/free_rar_extract_frog.php

Uninstall all pre-existing connection software (I had Three on mine somehow!).

Now from the extracted files open the word document. Just read and follow the instructions. For Win 7 after the device says “Device is installed & ready for use” I also put the win 7 driver on from http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/About_my_mobile/Downloads?content_mode=Downloads_show&content_aid=1220453996371

I am not sure if this step was necessary, but it worked. I then followed the instructions and clicked on Flash updater (which was also extracted from the rar file). It said it only worked with Win 2000 and XP, but it worked fine with my Win 7. Took another 30 mins, but worked. Then I just put in my network settings (for Qatar Qtel it was web.qtel and dial *99#)

Works perfect:
So download the zte2 rar file
Extract the rar file using frog
Follow the instructions in the extracted word document.

Regards, Aubrey

Unknown said...

For the Win 7 driver go to http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/About_my_mobile/Downloads?content_mode=Downloads_show&content_aid=1220453996371

Unknown said...

So if you are having problems with the connection software provided not working on Win 7 all you need is the Win 7 Driver link. Everything will then work fine.

If you totally mucked up your connection software (which I did later) you can follow the lengthy message with the rar file to get it working again.

Regards, Aubrey

micokelana said...

maybe with my link you can get more inspiration with ZTE MF 627
http://blog.micokelana.com/2010/07/05/upgrade-modem-zte-mf627-to-windows-7/

Unknown said...

help please.! I have accidentaly erased the firmware of my ztemf627. how can i restore it back