This is the blog of AlanJC, aka ChimeraX. Probably mumblings of a random nature, but there may be the rare useful post.

Monday 2 March 2009

Do you geocache?

I saw a little utility last night called GCz from http//www.nicque.com/PQz which sounded like fun. I have heard of geocaching before, but never tried it, as it always sounded like I needed a cagoule, compass, and flask of weak lemon squash. This little app makes things seem like much more fun! You have to create an account on http://www.geocaching.com before you can use it, but that's fairly painless. Within minutes I had fired it up and found that there are several caches near me and my place of work. Some seem to be simple hidden boxes with a log book and some trinkets to swap, where others have puzzles you need to solve before you find the final cache. Anyway, it sounds more interesting than a boring walk, and means I can do something to start getting fit, and play with gadgets at the same time. Sounds like a win win situation to me. I'll see how it goes and post an update.

No comments: